Attending a Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) certification workshop is the first step you should take to gain the knowledge and skills needed to help the feral and stray community cats in your area. Learn the basics of TNR and colony care in this hands-on workshop designed by Alley Cat Allies, the ASPCA, and the Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals. In this workshop, you will:
- Learn about feral cats, their history and behavior
- Learn the steps of humane trapping and pre- and post-spay/neuter surgery care with the help of video and live demonstrations
- Practice using a box trap and divider for trapping and in-trap care
- Learn the basics of caring for a cat colony
- Learn how to build good relationships with neighbors throughout the TNR process and how to help the cats be good neighbors
Attendees will become Certified TNR Caretakers in Dayton, OH and have access to purchase at cost the NYC Mayor's Alliance's Guide to Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) and Colony Care.
This course is especially for TNR caretakers in Dayton, OH but anyone interested in feral cat colony management will benefit.
The class consists of two hours of material and hands-on practice with a 30 minute panel after from local TNR specialists. The audience will have time to ask questions, then have time to chat one on one after.
While the course is free, we ask for registration to attend as spots are limited to 23 participants. To register, click below and select the month you'd like to attend, select the number of seats, add the item to your cart and complete the check out process. You will not need to enter payment information, as the total will be $0.00.