JOIN OUR TEAM!
Gem City Catfé is adding a “Purrista” to our team! The Purrista position combines the roles of baristas, adoption counselors, and animal care. We are looking for those interested in animal welfare, the Dayton community, and making a difference. This is a key-holder position, which will require opening or closing.
Responsible for completing POS transactions and fulfilling orders, keeping a clean work space environment, and stocking food and beverage supplies. Will provide for the general health and daily care of shelter cats, including disease control and improvement of health and quality of life. Must provide exceptional customer service for all patrons. Assists in finding a quality and caring home for adoption candidates based on information obtained through conversational adoption counseling.
SCHEDULE + COMPENSATION
Part-time position, requiring 10-15 hours per week to start. Must be available for weekend and weekday shifts, as well as some holidays. Position is ready to be filled immediately. Compensation is $8.50/hour plus tips.
At least 18 years of age and high school diploma required, as well as 2 years of experience in customer service or animal related field. Experience in food and beverage sales, animal handling, or customer service preferred.
- Serve as a representative of the Gem City Catfé and Gem City Kitties and ensure all visitors, animals, and staff members have a positive experience
- Interact with customers and coworkers in positive, outgoing, and friendly manner
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and exercise good judgment when interacting with members of the public
- Utilize excellent communication and organizational skills and carefully monitor the workspace with attention to detail
- Greet customers, take food and beverage orders, and complete orders in an accurate and efficient manner
- Prepare and serve cold and hot beverages and prepared food to Gem City Catfé standards
- Sanitize work space environment, utensils and equipment, as well as coffee bar station and sitting area
- Stock supplies of retail space and customer service stations
- Operate POS machine and receive payment from customers
- Conduct daily opening/closing operations
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment and checking dates and time of food and beverage supplies for quality control
COFFEE + Customer Care
- Responsible for feeding, watering, grooming, medicating, enrichment, and exercising of onsite cats
- Clean and disinfect animal kennels, floors, walls, litter boxes, toys, and dishes
- Wash, dry, and fold laundry
- Maintain cat areas to be free of animal waste and debris consistently throughout the day
- Identify and report problems or concerns to Cat Care Manager
- Monitor supply needs and communicate to Cat Care Manager
- Ability to identify signs of animal illnesses or injuries
- Work in collaboration with Cat Care Manager and fellow coworkers in polite, positive, and professional manner
- Provide helpful and educational guidance to potential adopters in a friendly, positive manner while promoting responsible pet ownership
- Provide behavior and health information about each individual adoption candidate
- Assist in the day to day operations, such as answering telephones and email, inputting animal data into CRM, and greeting customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain cat lounge areas as clean and tidy
- Process adoptions and maintain all adoption records and paperwork in orderly fashion
- Requires ability to stand, kneel, and bend for long periods of time
- Requires ability to lift and stock items up to 25 pounds
- Requires ability to learn and maintain knowledge of products and procedures
- Ability to keep calm demeanor and work under pressure during peak business hours
- Must be comfortable with all breeds, sizes, and temperaments of on-site cats
- Must be willing to assist with handling and restraint of on-site cats
- Ability to carry heavy objects and supplies to and from cat areas
- Exposure of cleaning agents
- Exposure to possible animal scratches or bites when handling animals
HOW TO APPLY
Email PDF copy of resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Monday, August 6th.