Join our team!
Gem City Kitties is seeking an organized and positive person for the role of Marketing Intern to assist with content curation and social media management for Dayton’s cat café. The right individual is passionate about animal welfare, improving the community, and working collaboratively with a team. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Gem City Kitties Board Members to grow the following programs: adoption, TNR, fostering, and fundraising as well as creating general educational content for rescue advocacy.
SCHEDULE + COMPENSATION
This is an unpaid, part-time internship requiring around 10 hours per week. Schedule is flexible. Position is ready to be filled immediately.
- Assist in both planning and executing an overall marketing and social media plan with a schedule
- Assist in content creation for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and email marketing
- Assist with graphic design for promotional materials
- Monitor social channels for trending news and ideas, then assist with capitalizing through our social media accounts
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Create copy for marketing and event related communications, including press releases
- Must have a deep concern for the humane treatment and compassionate care of animals.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and be an enthusiastic self-starter, highly creative and innovative in designing and planning.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong graphic design skills.
- Must have previous experience in marketing, social media management, communications, or journalism
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign
- Photography skills and editing are a bonus
- Exposure to possible animal scratches or bites when handling animals
HOW TO APPLY
Email PDF copy of resume and cover letter to email@example.com.